1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observation tomorrow... any tips!?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sport22, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Sport22

Sport22 New commenter

Hello,
    i am due to have my observation from my uni tutor tomorrow, any last minute tips/advice to help impress them!?
    Thanks
    :)

2. Sport22

Sport22 New commenter

Hello,
    i am due to have my observation from my uni tutor tomorrow, any last minute tips/advice to help impress them!?
    Thanks
    :)

3. 1. Make sure that you and the children are clear about the learning objectives
    2. check that in your plan the activities you are doing actually allow the pupils to meet the objectives
    3. Make sure as you go along that the pupils are clear about how the task will help them meet the objectives
    4. when you do your plenary link back to the learning objectives so that you can assess who has achieved what.
    Don't forget AfL
    Be yourself on a good day!
    After the lesson be honest about your reflections - start with what went well then be realistic about what didn't go so well, say what you would like to change abpout the lesson if you were to teach it again. Finish with a summary of what you feel the children achieved.
    My quick and 'dirty' guide to lesson obs!

4. Sport22

Sport22 New commenter

Thanks James for the reply, and your tips!
    I managed to get a 1! Outstanding! All the hard work planning and prep paid off!
    Thankyou :)