1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observation lesson- OCR Child Development

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by mobat, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have an observation coming up and am considering looking at preparation for pregnancy as the subject. Covering the tests pregant women have done, decisions about where to have your baby, pain relief etc. I am planning on using a blank birth plan that the girls complete over the session as the recording of progress tool. I want to use group work and peer/self assessment quite heavily but am struggling a little to know how to get the students to "learn" quite complex subjects independently, (trying to limit the amt of teacher talk) I have a good idea of success criteria, objectves etc but if any one has any "clever" ideas of an intersting way to help my students absorb this information, I would be grateful! One method I had thought of is a series of learning stations and teaching each other etc- any thoughts? Many thanks

2. Hi
    I have an observation coming up and am considering looking at preparation for pregnancy as the subject. Covering the tests pregant women have done, decisions about where to have your baby, pain relief etc. I am planning on using a blank birth plan that the girls complete over the session as the recording of progress tool. I want to use group work and peer/self assessment quite heavily but am struggling a little to know how to get the students to "learn" quite complex subjects independently, (trying to limit the amt of teacher talk) I have a good idea of success criteria, objectves etc but if any one has any "clever" ideas of an intersting way to help my students absorb this information, I would be grateful! One method I had thought of is a series of learning stations and teaching each other etc- any thoughts? Many thanks