1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Observation feedback - please help

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Teacher-in-Training42, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

Hi
    My observation feedback said to include key words of the lesson on the board. Does anyone else do this? what's the most effective way to do this and is it usually useful to your students? It is an idea I am interested in taking forward ...

2. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

It sounds as if your observer was scratching around trying to find something to write on the observation form. I'm sure you emphasise key words when you first use them and then subsequently remind students of them when you use them at a later date. Writing the words on the board in isolation and not part of the notes leads students to think the lesson is about learning the words rather than fully understanding what they mean. Try to get students to use key words as a part of their normal vocabulary so that ideas and concepts can be expressed clearly and concisely (One of the holy grails of teaching!)

cys2017 and Pomza like this.
  3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Rubbish feedback. Next time this person observes you, just write a few words up on a piece of flip-chart paper. Then they will feel all good about themselves and you will get good feedback!