1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Obs- poetry linked to iron man.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ev11, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hey all, Am being observed next week and would prefer to do Literacy as maths is all measures but need a tight LO and success. We have been doing creating images poetry unit and will be linking to iron man.
    I am not the most confident literacy person espiecally with poetry and we have not looked at a particular form just have been recognising language features such as personification, metaphors, similes etc. I suppose by then we will be making our own poems up so maybe I could model (ahh) the beginning of it linked to how the iron man might feel/look when he was all over the place on the beach.
    What could my LO be? I could differeniate by WILF- i.e. personification, metaphors etc and will need to think of a guided group activity,
    Sorry I am all over the place, my last one was not satisfactory and just feeling the pressure! Thank you xx

2. Hey all, Am being observed next week and would prefer to do Literacy as maths is all measures but need a tight LO and success. We have been doing creating images poetry unit and will be linking to iron man.
    I am not the most confident literacy person espiecally with poetry and we have not looked at a particular form just have been recognising language features such as personification, metaphors, similes etc. I suppose by then we will be making our own poems up so maybe I could model (ahh) the beginning of it linked to how the iron man might feel/look when he was all over the place on the beach.
    What could my LO be? I could differeniate by WILF- i.e. personification, metaphors etc and will need to think of a guided group activity,
    Sorry I am all over the place, my last one was not satisfactory and just feeling the pressure! Thank you xx

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide