1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

objective drawing

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by JJK, Feb 14, 2012.

1. JJK

JJK

I have been asked to do for an interview a 40mins lesson on 'objective drawing' with a yr 9 class of boys. They have already been introduced to objective drawing. Help. Any suggestions on what I should do?

2. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I'd think about withdrawing your application if you really can't figure this one out for yourself.

3. JJK

JJK

Thanks. I do have some varied and hopefully interesting ideas for my lesson, but coming from recent DT background I thought it would be prudent to get some input from the experts.

4. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Have a look on the Big Draw/Campaign for Drawing website, case studies and archives.

5. joli2

joli2 New commenter

I think it would have been prudent to share your ideas first, rather than look as if you didn't have a clue. Being able to plan inspirational lessons is one of the basic requirements of the job.

6. Why despairing?
    I have witnessed many good art teachers fall at the hurdle of delivering a good drawing lesson. At least the poster is doing some research.

7. joli2

joli2 New commenter

It's the lack of any ideas offered to start with....it seems a common occurence on here. And I'm shocked at the lack of ideas for what is a fundamental part of the subject.

8. I'm surprised an art teacher (not OP) didn't know what objective drawing was! :-O