1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NUT Strike on Saturday 26th March

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by clojo, Mar 3, 2011.

1. The NQT has organised a strike to take place on Saturday 26th March, 11am, starting on Victoria Embankment (between Temple Place and Blackfriars) and ending in Hyde Park.

I just wondered whether there was any advice in regards to NQTs taking part in the March. I know that when the previous strike took place in 2008 and I was still a teaching student, the union sent out information advising us not to take part. Is it still unadvisable as an NQT?
    Thanks!

2. The NQT has organised a strike to take place on Saturday 26th March, 11am, starting on Victoria Embankment (between Temple Place and Blackfriars) and ending in Hyde Park.

I just wondered whether there was any advice in regards to NQTs taking part in the March. I know that when the previous strike took place in 2008 and I was still a teaching student, the union sent out information advising us not to take part. Is it still unadvisable as an NQT?
    Thanks!

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

This is a protest march, not a strike. I am not sure which action in 2008 you are referring to. There is no reason (well none that I can think of) why you shouldn't partake in the march (if you are so inclined) in March.