1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NUT and conscience clause

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cakeycake, Jun 19, 2011.

1. cakeycake

cakeycake New commenter

Hi
    I've recently started a job at a new school and am concerned that I might make a bad impression by striking only a few weeks into the job even though I agree with the reasons for the strike. Does anyone know if the NUT have a conscience clause so I could still go in?
    Thanks
    K

2. cakeycake

cakeycake New commenter

Hi
    I've recently started a job at a new school and am concerned that I might make a bad impression by striking only a few weeks into the job even though I agree with the reasons for the strike. Does anyone know if the NUT have a conscience clause so I could still go in?
    Thanks
    K

3. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

You don't have to strike - it's your choice. Some of our NUT staff are striking and some are not. If you want to though - you should. It's important that we all make our views known! I've just joined the NUT (from NASUWT) so I can strike. It's despicable what the government are trying to do.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Absolutely! If you don't want to strike, for any reason at all, then don't. Simple as that.

You do not have to do whatever your union says, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.