1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nurture groups

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vikstar, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Hi,

Just wondering what people think of nurture groups in general? Also, if schools do have nurture groups, when are the children taken out of the class?

I am a bit concerned that some of my children will be taken out of lit and num...surely this will not help them in the long run?

Thanks - all opinions welcome

x

2. Hi,

Just wondering what people think of nurture groups in general? Also, if schools do have nurture groups, when are the children taken out of the class?

I am a bit concerned that some of my children will be taken out of lit and num...surely this will not help them in the long run?

Thanks - all opinions welcome

x

3. linre

linre New commenter

Hi there I am in Boston and just been given the task of setting up nurture in our school in boston. Feeling a bit lost at the moment then saw your offer of a visit. Any chance you'd be willing for myself and our mentor to come and have a look and pick your brains?

4. Hello,
    Unfortunately since the schools merged our Nurture group no longer runs on the same principles and I'm no longer in a postion to invite you over.
    Sorry

5. mermaid

mermaid New commenter

Linre definitelt try and get yourself on the nurture group training course- it is really useful.
    I set up a nurture group (KS2) in my current school and have managed it for the last two years. I'm moving school after Easter (to another 'set-up' nurture setting) so not really in a position to invite you in... but feel free to PM me or leave your email address and I'll help as much as I can :)
    http://www.ioe.ac.uk//INSET/Brochures_web/Fliers2009/SC208-09B1.pdf

6. Hi there
    Have been running ks1 nurture group since May last year and now want to set up afternoon sessions for ks2 children.
    Struggling a little with the work/social skills balance and what the timetable should or could look like? - any suggestions greatly received