1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

**Nursery teacher with a cohort of 39 and no KW support with data input.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ms_Smiles, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Ms_Smiles

Ms_Smiles New commenter

Hello

Just wanted to find out the arrangement in other settings.

I have recently started a new post as a Nursery teacher. There are two Level 2 TA's and one Level 3 TA whose main responsibility is for intervention work.

There are 39 children at the setting.

Currently, I am inputting all the children's data onto the school's data management system. The TA's record observations on a standard paper format which I then have to read and transfer onto the school system.

I am finding it all rather overwhelming what if teaching, planning, proposed extra projects with external organisations plus, I am a Mum to two young children.

Is is reasonable for me to request that the observation side of things are shared between all of the team i.e. the TA'? I have already expressed my concern and the answer I got back was basically there is no time for them to do this in their daily schedule. I get that they don't have time but, time is also somewhat precious for me also! I understand their pay isn't the greatest but, surely I shouldn't be expected to do all this? I'm dreaming and thinking and breathing 39 at the moment!

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Hi there I replied on the other thread, but I'm sure others will have some response.