1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery / reception christmas performance/nativity recommendations

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ameljilty, Aug 27, 2012.

1. We usually do the sleepy shepherd/ humph the camel but fancy something different this year! Please share your recommendations ...

2. We usually do the sleepy shepherd/ humph the camel but fancy something different this year! Please share your recommendations ...

3. notascientist!

notascientist! New commenter

We have done Nursery Rhyme Nativity (songs set to the tunes of well known rhymes) and Wriggly Nativity - lots of songs and actions ... both were very successful with children, staff and parents (probably Wriggly was slightly more successful ....) - Fancy a change this year, so will be interested to see what others have done. We have Reception doing the parts, Nursery are sheep/angels/shepherds and stars!)

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

We did The Wriggly nativity last year, it was very good and the children learned the songs easily. The songs go round and round inside your head for ever though, I can still hear them now!

6. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

I was on placement when doing a childcare course and they did Wriggly Nativity; thought it was lovely and the songs still go round in my head on occasion and that was 5 or 6 years a go!

7. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

we did the nativity from out of the ark.. its a beautiful tradional play with catchy tunes. I love out of the ark plays ..:) and so do our children

8. We did whoops-a-daisy angel last year, the kids were still asking to sing the songs right into July...even children who werent part of the school when we did it!

9. We did Jesus's Christmas party one year which i bought from starshine i think, it was fun and we added in extra dances and abit of ABBA [​IMG]