1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery observations - Help please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by joanne700, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I think we have a similar set up - the 'rising 5's' will all be going in to Reception in Sept and the younger Nursery children who are all 3 will stay and go to Reception the following year. Which means we really have 2 year groups in the Nursery and can keep some children for nearly 2 years.
    Currently we split the children into 2 rooms for registration (mixed ages) and then they have a free flow between the garden and inside area. During this time there is an adult led task on both the art area and dry area ( reading, writing or maths) and the outside person is meant to carry out a task as well but it is near on impossible when all the children come outside. We have a 4th person who takes small groups and prepares the snack for the children. We then fit in CIL observations when we have finished out tasks but this doesn;t always happen everyday. I want to bring up that i feel we are putting too much time into adult directed and not enough into CIL but just wanted to check whether it was actually written down in any of the guidance for the EYFS.
    Thank you for your help - it is always good to hear from someone who has a similar set up and how they are orgainising it.