1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nursery observation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by 100ebaker, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I need some inspiration!!! The Head is coming this week to observe me for Literacy. I need some ideas how to encourage literacy in the nursery garden. Small or large scale ideas are welcome. Thank you

2. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

I'm currently trying to encourage the children to mark make in my nursery and am planning on taking ribbons (for twirling), big chalk, clipboards with paper and pencils, spray bottles/water and paintbrushes and hats for dressing up when we go outside (don't have free flow at the moment due to building work). If we had free access to outside I would maybe put up one of those pop up tents or build a den with the children to use as a reading area, lots of labels everywhere, a role play area to encourage S&L, musical instruments for sound awareness, and that's just a list of the top of my head! Hopefully some of these will be helpful!