1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery Nurse? EYP?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Msz, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Our Nursery Nurses hold a nursery nursing qualification NNEB & BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing)

An Early Years Professional should hold a full degree in addition to EYPS.

2. Thanks for your response.

We have TAs with a wide variation in qualifications including level 2,3,4 (on CWDC list) and also a EYP status person.

We want to recognise staff who have taken further training in their job title. Other schools seem to be using 'Early years educators' for level 3 and above staff (this seems to be used in place of nursery nurse in some schools). Any suggestions? thoughts? I don't really like EYE (prefer nursery nurse....) but understand why TAs would like some differentiation between those with different qualifications.

Thanks for your responses.

3. Hi my job title is EYP and i'm NVQ3 qaulified. I am a keyworker and find it amazing how many different job titles are now being used in early years.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

EYP - Early Years Practitioner
    EYP - Early Years Professional

5. Hi, are you an Early Years Professional, or as msz says, are you an Early Years Practitioner?

Because Early Years Professional status should only be awarded if you hold a degree (which is level 6)

6. granted, but in my experience, a person will refer to themselves as an Early Years Professional, not an EYP. I've never actually heard EYP used as an acronym for either Professional or Practitioner and in writing, only EYPS, which incidently appears often to be confused with EYFS. Too many acronyms perhaps.

7. I have EYPS and refer to myself as being an EYP rather than 'having EYPS'. Granted, I sometimes then have to explain what it is!

8. I wouldn't call myself an "EYPS", I would all myself an "EYP" (well, I will in August - until then, I refer to myself as a "trainee EYP" as I generally get more respect than "student"!)