1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery NQTs

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by anon1127, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Hello!

Are there any Nursery NQTs out there?

I am meeting my new parents this week, it is all becoming very real!

2. Hello!

Are there any Nursery NQTs out there?

I am meeting my new parents this week, it is all becoming very real!

3. Hi!
    I'm a Nursery NQT :) Excited and nervous! I have my open day next week with the paretns and children. I am new to Nursery! Taught reception whilst at uni but not nursery.

4. Me too! I've finally found others! [​IMG]
    It's a funny year to be an EY NQT as there are so many changes.

5. I'm hoping to get on a course about the changes to the EYFS. Hoping it will help me get to grips with it. Have you had any training?

6. No but I spoke to the deputy head yesterday and she told me to pursuade the head so I shall. It makes sense, especially when we're all so in the dark about assessment! I just hope there is some on over summer in my LEA!

7. SO glad some more of you have turned up!!

I had my stay and play session today, met nearly all my children. So lovely!! I've not been on the new eyfs training, but head of foundation is willing to share her notes!!

8. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

I am a nursery NQT! Started in January so will be in my final term but getting to know new children and parents is quite scary! Have a fair few with additional needs in my new class too!

9. I have my open session tommorow....parents and children are coming in for an hour, any advice? I'm excited and nervous!!

10. Just have fun, I presume that their parent/carer is staying. We had a load of activities out for them to do with their adult, and then I just went over had a quick chat with child and adult as they played.

It was good for observing their interaction with the parent, and for them to get to know the environment.

11. Open session went really well, not as nerve racking as I thought! Seem to have a nice mix of children, some very shy and some very confident!! Looking forward to September now! Next task, putting my personal stamp on the setting!x

12. What things are you getting ready for September? I feel like I don't know where to start!

So far I have:
    Finished the MTPs for Autumn 1.
    Organised home visits and got to grips with the induction timetable.
    Sorted first 2 weeks of very brief planning focusing on settling in.
    Made a class list.
    Prepared the display boards ready to put children's work up when they come in.
    I have made the behaviour management board (the school follows the same strategy) and the birthday board.
    I have started to play around with the setting, moving this around etc.

I feel like I haven't done very much! The TA and myself are going to orgainise the profiles after the home visits so we can use a picture of the child on the front - this is what they do in the EYFS unit in the school.

What do you all think are the most important things to have ready for September?

13. Hiya! I am also a nursery NQT. Have created a Facebook page

Feel free to join - www.facebook.com/.../407183856065547

Was also thinking of utilising dropbox for nursery resources? Any ideas?