1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery Letters and sounds

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LittleMissNQT, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I have 22 children so not as many as you. I didnt know whether for the 1st few weeks do phase 1 activity every day for 10 mins with every group in the morning. Then when i can identify the children who are more able, i could use my TA, Will this be my focused activity? Do you do the same for PSRN?

2. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

For PSRN, i plan for group time. So , after luch the children all have 10 minutes in group with their key worker on a particualr PSRN aspect. Last term the time was used for number rymes and number stories just to get the children familiar with counting and visualising. This term i am focussing on counting using 1-1 and shape. This will be done in group time avery day, but i also have 2 focussed activites going on every morning, so one of these more that likely would be linked to our PSRN- linked into our topic work.