1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery Home time

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Asilsniggud, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Help
    I am worried about home time routines in a 50 place nursery. How do you ensure that all 50 children are safely released to their parents?. Do you allow parents into the nursery (increasing numbers but have parental communication) or see the children out to the parents (reduces congestion inside but could mistakenly send a child out when the person you though was their parent is not!)
    Am home time lasts from 11.15 (can collect bet 11.15/ 11.30am) to sometimes 11.45 if parents are late/ talking ....with less than 1/2 hour lunch by the time you have washed am cups/ tidied and replenished supplies !
    I need a new routine to ensure safety - but to give everyone a proper break also
    Can you help?

2. Help
    I am worried about home time routines in a 50 place nursery. How do you ensure that all 50 children are safely released to their parents?. Do you allow parents into the nursery (increasing numbers but have parental communication) or see the children out to the parents (reduces congestion inside but could mistakenly send a child out when the person you though was their parent is not!)
    Am home time lasts from 11.15 (can collect bet 11.15/ 11.30am) to sometimes 11.45 if parents are late/ talking ....with less than 1/2 hour lunch by the time you have washed am cups/ tidied and replenished supplies !
    I need a new routine to ensure safety - but to give everyone a proper break also
    Can you help?

3. we end the session with children in small group activites 10 children with each member of staff and released to an adult only.
    There is also a secretary at exit door who checks on exit

4. hi we had a similar problem, our nursery has 30 children ....before the parents arrive i place a bucket with numbers inside, as the parents arrive they take a number, we take the children out and shout the numbers one by on the parent needs to come to the gate and sign against their childs name.....it takes a little while until everyone gets used to it .. although maybe you could split the group up somehow? if the parents aren't there by a certain time we take them back in to draw and their parents have to come through the office...gives a chance to wash thing etc!! hope this helps :)

5. Katille

Katille New commenter

When my children were at nursery, each group sat with their key working in a different area of the classroom. Parents went in to the nursery and collected from the relevant group. There were about 10 children in each group and 3 key worker groups. It seemed to work well. Hope you find a solution.