1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery- first week back!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Jan 4, 2012.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi all- hope everyone had a lovely new year.
    I wondered if any one had an exciting activities that they plan in for the first week back after christmas? Dont want to jump straight into out topic.
    Thanks

2. hi we are doing lots of - what did you get for christmas? talking to their peers 1:1 and then to a small group. i have modeled writing a thank you letter to father christmas and have the templates on the writing table which lots of children have drawn their new toy - bike, prams, light sabre, ben 10 toys and again i act as scribe to their drawings and then they write their name on the bottom. we are doing this, this week before topic starts next week. it has been windy so we have had streamers, super hero capes and windmills outside. the kids love runing into the wind holding their capes open behind them.

3. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Thnak you for your reply!My children are not back till next week. But thinking along the same lines, saying thank you and doing new years resolutions to hang up around the room. We are also going to do some painting of our favourite toys. I think this will pretty much last us the week, and then touch on our topic for the following week.
    Hope you have had a nice first week back. x