1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nursery display and role play

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Lisai23, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Help! I has anyone got any ideas of some fantastic displays and role play i could use in my nursery in September. Our topics or nursery rhymes and all about me. I have taught in Ks2 for the last 10 years and i am feeling a bit overwhelmed! I am looking for ideas, websites or just recommended resources. IThe budget is tight but i could dream!!! Thanks

2. Help! I has anyone got any ideas of some fantastic displays and role play i could use in my nursery in September. Our topics or nursery rhymes and all about me. I have taught in Ks2 for the last 10 years and i am feeling a bit overwhelmed! I am looking for ideas, websites or just recommended resources. IThe budget is tight but i could dream!!! Thanks

3. As regards role play I would recommend a home corner to start with, as the children will have some ideas to bring to this from their own experience. It fits with 'All About Me'.
    Displays - the best include children's work, so don't be in too much of a hurry to get stuff up. We always have a display of children's photos to show all the children in nursery, which is also used as a place to stick observations. At the beginning of the year we also display photos of children at play, showing all the areas of learning. This can reassure parents that their children are doing stuff and having fun, and children like to see themselves - it can generate lots of chat. Also have some space available to put children's pictures, paintings, 'writing', made objects as they are ready.