1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery class reports

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by louisepaterson1, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would share what nursery reports to parents they are currently using in their school please? My infant school nursery class currently send 3 a year on top of 3 parents evenings and I have been tasked with looking how we can amend this. At present the Autumn and Spring contain 3 photos, a commentary focused on CoEL and Wellbeing and Involvment then a target for each of the 7 areas of learning and development. In the summer they get a larger, more detailed summary and links to either 30-50 development matters or 40-60 depending on child's age.

Thanks in advance :)

2. robspillane

robspillane New commenter

I'd say just get rid of 2 of the reports. I would do 2 parents evenings, one each term and then a slightly longer report for the final term.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

WOW!!!
    I do three written reports a year, all the same format.
    Paragraph on CofEL and on each of the Prime Areas and then a very, very short chit chat classteacher sentence or so.
    Then two parents evenings.

No targets and nothing to link obviously to DM, though I have it in mind when writing.

4. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Two parents’ meetings - Autumn and Spring; written report in the Summer.

5. May2

May2 Established commenter

robspillane likes this.
  6. chubbyone

chubbyone Occasional commenter

2 parents evenings and a written report at the end of the year. You seem to be doing rather alot if 3 written reports.