1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery baseline

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Aug 1, 2011.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi all,

Does any one have a 'set' baseline that you use for assessing your Nursery children on entry? Do you use a booklet, ticklist or obs?I used a booklet last year but they were extremely extensive and took weeks to complete for 45 children. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. I would also be intersted in what others do for an "on entry assessment" for nursery children
    Let's both hope someone out there is able to help
    Littlestones

3. Hi we do a ticklist just to get an overall idea of the children but this is not used as a baseline. We complete a cohort tracker using the development matters statements at the end of the first half term and update it half termly. It's in the resources section if you want to take a look, I think it is called EYFS cohort tracker. I have found it is a useful tool for planning next steps throughout the year for groups of children.