1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numicon?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by KTD, Jan 8, 2012.

1. KTD

KTD

I am interested in finding out more about Numicon and just wondered what teachers thought about it. Is it worth investing it? Has it had an impact in your school? I would be really grateful of some advice.

2. Hi there

I am just about to embark on the PGCE after volunteering in a school for the last 6 years. I did my presentation on Numicon following the given subject of 'analyse a lesson you have found particularly effective'. We use this in our Foundation Stage class and I was very impressed with this resource and the learning opportunities it had! Our children learn the meaning of number value, counting skills, partitioning, odds and evens, the list is endless. Our class teacher raves about it and has given training to other schools on using it. I know I would personally recommend it and hope to be able to use it in my own class one day!!
    Dont know what others think?
    Marie x