1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numercy Policy help

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by lynseybo, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hi Im rewriting our Numeracy policy does anyone have one to share ???
    Thanks again for the help

2. arsinh

arsinh New commenter

The general grouchiness in this forum must be infectious. After clicking on lynseybo's post number to bring up her posting history, I felt extremely cross.

3. is this a wind up? (lynseybo, i mean - not you, arsinh)
    do other subject threads attract this sort of dross?

4. ah - copied you here - so yes, it is other forums, and oh lor', i hope it's a wind-up

5. Have a read through this. It's for secondary but should give you an idea of what you need to do.

6. An extract from the first document:
    1.6 Possible job description / role for a Numeracy across the Curriculum co-ordinator
    1 additional management allowance
    <font size="3">Responsible to:</font>Head of Mathematics & Mathematics Line Manager in SMT
    To assist the Head of Mathematics in developing numeracy strategy initiatives within the departmentTo develop Mathematics in all other curriculum areas in the school; enabling staff confidence and common approaches.To lead on the applications of mathematics in other subjects and in our every day lives
    To co-ordinate the numeracy content in all teaching areasTo provide appropriate Staff INSET and disseminate LEA coursesTo map the progression of numeracy skills across the curriculum
    To plan a way forward over the next two years for all staff and pupils to raise their awareness and use of numeracy skillsTo liaise with Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 4 staff with regard to numeracy developments To integrate numeracy into our home school liaison programme