1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numeracy YR3

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mandy6887, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I am teaching a lower ability group using the YR3 Numeracy Strategy, however I am trying to do my medium term plans and weekly planning, but I am getting no where! Does anyone have a sample or advice on the best way to do this!? I have been looking at the unit A1 for hours and I am still not happy with what I am coming up with.
    Thank you for any help in advance.

2. you can get medium term plans for the old and the new frameworks here http://ness.uk.com/maths.htm in the planning section. There are also some sample lesson plans which you might be able to adapt. [​IMG]

3. I taught yr3 LA last year. We followed the strategy units but with a bit of authors licence! We started with very basic skills - number sequences, adding 10, number bonds etc to get a feel for the group. Each week we did a different area ie addition, subtraction, shape, time, fractions etc some taking more than 1 week depending on understanding. This went in a circle (like strategies) so we revisited each area every term getting harder each time - recapping and then moving on. Each week we did problem solving in that area on a friday and also had a mental maths test (they were really weak in this). Each lesson started with basic skills where we did 10 minutes times tables, number bonds etc.
    Hope that helps.