1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numeracy Policy For ICT Dept

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by naturalcynic, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I am trying to write a numeracy policy for ICT for an impending inspection, and have got little idea of what to include.
    So far I have written:
    <font size="3">"Numeracy is an essential skill for children to develop. The ability to recognise differences in values, interpret charts and manipulate information from data contribute to the wider education of each child in many subjects. Children should learn to develop a sense of pattern and order, and develop a relationship with numbers that will help them to solve problems that they may face in day to day situations, not only in Mathematics, but in their wider lives.</font><font size="3">In ICT students are encourage to search for, collect and store, validate, interpret, analyse and present information in different forms. Crucial to this is the ability to develop good decision making skills and to understand why data may be biased or incorrect. </font><font size="3">Examples of how numeracy impacts on ICT curriculum:</font>&middot;

2. sorry - not written it like that. I have bullet points in the main section and 3 paragraphs, but formatting has not transferred across in the copy

3. Am I going to be the one to ask... Numeracy policy for a specific dept?! We haven't documented it as rigidly as you have, and just said we refer to the whole school policy...

4. This might just be a case of panic in SMT and crossing I's and dotting T's, along the lines of better to be safe than sorry.

5. Ok. Surely your MTP's and even your LTP's include the "links to numeracy/literacy" etc for each unit, you could lump that information out with the headings for KS3/KS4 and that should suffice on top of what you already have.

6. True, SOWs have statements about numeracy aspects covered in each unit, along with literacy, SEN etc. If they want more than what is on here, I'll give them copies of different SOWs.

7. Good luck!! [​IMG]