1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

numeracy planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by carline7213, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hi does anyone have the old nns unit plans to share for year 4??

IN DESPERATE NEED!
    thanks x

2. Afraid I haven't got them myself but found them within 4 seconds via a well-known search engine called Google (perhaps you've heard of it?!) I inserted the search term: NNS unit plans Year 4 into it and links to downloadable documents came out.
    I'm sorry to be sarcastic but every time one of these requests for resources appears I do a search and 9 times out of 10 I can find the thing myself within a minute. How long have you been searching for these?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I do that as well. But then when I ask for things worry other people think the same about me!

5. I always wonder how you can get to the day or the day before teaching your new class and then ask where the NNS unit plans are!! How do you not know? How did you get through teaching last year or through UNI without them up until now?

6. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

... and why would you want to use them anyway????

7. I know what you mean but, in some ways, it flowed better than the new framework.

8. Ah Carrie there is that but they can be a good starting point for people who are inexperienced!

9. As you will have no doubt already observed from my original post, I did apologise in advance for my sarcasm, and in addition to suggesting where the resources could have been searched from, even specified the actual search terms to be used. Short of actually giving a direct link, all the information was there to answer the original request. There is nothing unhelpful at all about this in my humble opinion.
    What I am fed up of is not the requests themselves, as the overwhelming majority of them are perfectly reasonable and sensible. What I do object to, however, is people making requests for things that they could easily locate for themselves given a little time and application. This is why, whenever such a request thread appears, I do a little legwork myself. If it takes me less that a minute to locate whatever is being requested, I naturally assume one of three possibilities:
    <ol>[*]I have amazing, transcendental internet-searching powers that instantly propel me to the resource I seek (unlikely)[*]The person making the initial request either lacks any internet-searching ability whatsoever (also unlikely)[*]The person can't be bothered to take the initiative themselves and actually do a little research before asking other people to do the work for them.</ol>Would any of us tolerate this from the children in our classes I wonder? I know that i every school I've worked in so far, the children are at least expected to put in some effort before help is provided for them. Is it asking too much to ask highly-educated professionals to do the same?

10. But clearly, you're the kind of person who does their own research before asking for others to do it for you. Quite a different sort of request to that of the OP.

11. Maybe you do have trancendental search abilities!
    I agree totally with your point! No wonder some kids are spoonfed if the teachers teaching them are too!!

12. Don't be worried, clarinetguy, totally agree with you, including the sarcastic comment. I did the exact same thing.

13. Oh, I don't let it worry me, and i'm greatly enjoying your contributions to other threads at the moment!

14. I love the idea of this and shall be boasting about them to my class all day tomorrow!

15. [​IMG]