1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

numeracy parents guide

Discussion in 'Primary' started by all marked out, Nov 26, 2007.

1. hi
    have been asked to produce a parents guide to numeracy across the school- have nearly done KS2- but has anyone one for KS1 i could look at? Thanks

2. hi
    have been asked to produce a parents guide to numeracy across the school- have nearly done KS2- but has anyone one for KS1 i could look at? Thanks

3. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

What an interesting idea! Could I be cheeky and ask to take a look? I often talk to groups of parents about maths (I try to put them off the word numeracy!) and would be interested to see what ideas you had to explain and motivate this complex and diverse group of people! Thanks.

4. I did one for the whole school KS1 and KS2 which was good because it showed progression with the methods of calculation
    Leave your e.mail and I'll send it to you tomorrow as I don't have it here at home
    It may not be any help but on the other hand........

5. Andrew Jeffrey

6. Andrew Jeffrey

Don't let Nutty on. She has flu!

7. she can keep it to herself!!!

8. Andrew Jeffrey

Actually, it occurs to me that I should not be so cynical; I guess someone in a union has fought hard on teachers' behalfs (behalves?) to win the right for these jobs not to be done by teachers. We should acknowledge that - but I still don't see how it would work. Surely it would take as long to explain that I wanted 50 copies of that, but double-sided and reduced, as it would to press the buttons myself.

9. My lovely family won't even let me share it with them :( Flu is not nice :(

10. Andrew Jeffrey

Oops - posted on completely the wrong thread! I will paste it over. Pillock.

11. To all you germ free people ( and you nutty!!) It's on its way - I found it after all

12. Andrew Jeffrey

Rachel wants 3 copies. She is a fast reader.

13. Aww bless you panda!! And I won't share my germs!

14. Everything in triplicate, AJ!!!! LOL x

15. Or is that for all her alter egos? ;)

16. Andrew Jeffrey

Don't alter her ego - I love it!