1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numeracy in English

Discussion in 'English' started by RaymondSoltysek, Jan 21, 2011.

1. RaymondSoltysek

RaymondSoltysek New commenter

Hi all
    I had a really productive session with my PGDE(S) students on numeracy in English the other day (here's a brief blog on it).
    I'd be keen to hear about projects / experiences you all might have had in this area, and any useful resources I might be able to direct students towards. Sharing ideas would be good too!
    Raymond

2. RaymondSoltysek

Hi all
    I had a really productive session with my PGDE(S) students on numeracy in English the other day (here's a brief blog on it).
    I'd be keen to hear about projects / experiences you all might have had in this area, and any useful resources I might be able to direct students towards. Sharing ideas would be good too!
    Raymond

3. Hey, Raymond!
    It really is such a small world. I'm currently working as part of a Numeracy Across the Curriculum group in Dundee. Like you, we're trying to devlop and highlight our own use of numeracy within the English Department.
    Over the next couple of weeks, I have to put forward to the group what we have achieved so far. I'll pass this on to you and you can give me some feedback.

Nice beard, by the way.

John

4. RaymondSoltysek

Brilliant, John, thanks. I PM'd you.

5. Numeracy in English is almost the opposite of numeracy in maths.
    "99% of Tory voters are not rich bosses" doesn't mean that for every 10,000 Tory voters you'll find ten who are rich bosses. It means that only a tiny fraction of Tory voters are drawn from this constituency.