1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numeracy Displays

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RedRich, Jan 19, 2011.

1. School are looking at having a uniform set of numercay displays up in class, to help children remember how to use various calculation methods for each of the four operations.

I have been charged with coming up with a 'corporate standard' that will show progression throughout the years, in accordance with the school's calculation policy.

Does anyone have something along similar lines (providing the above makes sense after 3 lots of marking) up in their school? Was it produced in house or is there something available off the shelf please? Not having much success with Google...

Many thanks for any help.

2. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

Nothing to offer I'm afraid except a groan. This is the sort of thing that I loathe and detest. One of the best things about being in a very small school - anything that I do is unlikely to be the same as the other class as we are Reception to Yr 2 while they are Yr 3 - Yr 6.
    Good luck but my initial reaction is fight, fight and fight against anything so tedious!

3. I have seen "progress in calculation" posters before now, quite bright and reasonably clear. The Local Authority maths advisors here had some up in their office, it might be worth checking with your equivalent! ( Although I agree with worklifebalance, YUK!)