1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Numeracy Books for Foundation Stage

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Clemy, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I am currently struggling with 'numeracy books' for foundation stage. The parents in our community need their children to come home with some kind of homework and evidence of what is being taught in school. It is very easy to find literacy books, but have come up with nothing that will cover the areas on the PSRN scale points.

Am requesting for suggestions of publishers or any other ideas that will help.

Thank you,

2. I am currently struggling with 'numeracy books' for foundation stage. The parents in our community need their children to come home with some kind of homework and evidence of what is being taught in school. It is very easy to find literacy books, but have come up with nothing that will cover the areas on the PSRN scale points.

Am requesting for suggestions of publishers or any other ideas that will help.

Thank you,

3. If you google counting worksheets, long and short, 1 more/less, adding and subtracting, pattern, you will find lots of activity sheets. I always send these home 4 hmk and write on the top that we have covered this topic this week. Occassionally make my own, we did pattern a few weeks ago so I quickly drew 3 diff paterns then left gaps ffor ch to complete it took 2 mins. As for actual books I don't know of any.
    Kelly

4. I like using the maths challenges that I found in the resource bank. I've used this format to create my own. I put them in a book once a week and then the children bring them back with any evidence they have put in from home.

5. Thank you to all for your helpful ideas.