1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Number Songs/Circle Time

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pinkpebble, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hi

Does anyone have any fun number activities to do with a large group. We have a staggered intake, so I have been focussing just on number skills, until they are all in next week. We have been doing lots of interactive number songs, but would like to hear some other ideas. Do any of you do any circle time type rhymes to do with numbers. I can think of lots of games for Literacy but not for Number!

Thank you

2. Hi

Does anyone have any fun number activities to do with a large group. We have a staggered intake, so I have been focussing just on number skills, until they are all in next week. We have been doing lots of interactive number songs, but would like to hear some other ideas. Do any of you do any circle time type rhymes to do with numbers. I can think of lots of games for Literacy but not for Number!

Thank you

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I use Ros Bayley's Wiggle Jiggle Count (lots of dancing and moving)

4. Thanks Msz,

Is that a book I can buy or CD?

Could you tell me a couple of ideas from it of the sorts of ideas it has.

Thank you, hope your area is more sorted and the builders have finished!

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://www.educationalpublications.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=70&osCsid=81ba1b75a0e09f1c3af21f6ca36caacd

6. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

if you an use the outdoors, draw large circles, children run, hopp or skip around to drum beat, when you stop tapping, they have to find the circle with the number you shout out, or hold up, or give before hand.

Use a tambourine, children have to follow you pattern, by counting how many times you tab or shake then as passed around circle they copy.

Or children choose a number from bag, then tamourine or drum is passed around and they have to tap the same as the number they have chosen

or start with you tapping drum once, the next person has to do 2, then the next person 3, each time they have to add 1 more so requires a lot of concentration........suitable for more able or small group

mini cubes in the middle, pass a dice around children throw then collect the required number of cubes, pass dice around 3 times, who has built the highest tower, how many cubes have they all used

these are all circle time maths games we play, if looking for just rhymes then you could sing the 1 little elephant went balancing.....have kids move around the circle

7. Thank you Cinderella, they were just the sort of ideas I wanted. I like the sound of the elephant song, can you give me the words?

Thanks