1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Number of secondary schools in London?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by anthonymd, Jun 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. anthonymd

anthonymd New commenter

Am struggling to find anything online about the number of secondary schools within Greater London. Anyone have any good sources they could point me to?

2. anthonymd

anthonymd New commenter

(am curious to know about state and independent)

3. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

if you go to ofsted website, view reports, type greater london, then filter by secondary it comes up with 1201 results.
    However that figure may include schools that have closed, converted to academies etc

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

505 state secondary schools in January 2018. The LA Tables spreadsheet, Table 7c

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/schools-pupils-and-their-characteristics-january-2018

There might be some data on private (independent) schools in there but I couldn't see it from a quick look. If you really want to know you could email DfE statistics branch and ask them.

January 2019 figures should be published later this month.

The DfE statistics page is the go-to place for any statistical data you want about schools, pupils, teacher workforce etc. They publish a vast amount of it every year. I've found the statistics branch very helpful when I've emailed them with questions about the data, or if I can't find something.

5. anthonymd

anthonymd New commenter

Brilliant, thank you both very much.