1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Number Club

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bigbev, May 4, 2012.

1. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Does anyone have a link to find Number Club resources etc? It is a series of differentited mental maths sheets that are completed in a specified time. I have seen it working in one school and it was said it has improved mental maths skills rapidly.
    Thank you

2. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Does anyone have a link to find Number Club resources etc? It is a series of differentited mental maths sheets that are completed in a specified time. I have seen it working in one school and it was said it has improved mental maths skills rapidly.
    Thank you

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. Thank you for this link! My job for weekend was to sort out revamped number club.....job done. Think the merlot will get an early opening tonight.....

5. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Thank you for the link msz but I had already found that school link with a google search...what I am after is where all the sheets etc originally came from.

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Why don't you try emailing the school in Msz's link?

7. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Thank you for you suggestion. I am trying here first before going onto that but will approach the school where I originally saw it in action.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I've never seen these before or heard of them, but I think I like them...are they good in terms of use in year 1/2 for improving skills and therefore attainment?

9. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

I saw them being used across KS1/KS2 in a school I visited...there were displays showing what level children were at.....increased motivation...as far as I could gather with a brief question the sheets were done on a daily basis across school and had a positive impact on mental calculation strategies/speed...
    I will email the school I saw it in as no one else on here seems to know anything about it!

10. Hmmmmm... .like the look of these! Keep us posted if you find out anything!

11. bigbev

bigbev New commenter

Have just emailed the school where i saw it in action asking for more info....will let you know