1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQTs in special schools

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by slymattsly, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Just wondering how many other NQTs are going into special schools in September?

What are you excited about? What are your concerns? How are you preparing for the first week? What needs do you have in your class?

Get posting!

2. jenini

jenini New commenter

I am an NQT going into a special school for students with SLD in September and my children range from P1-P6.

My biggest concern at the moment is managing my team of LSAs and also planning for those first couple of weeks. I have met some of the children who will be in my class and they are all lovely children but I am still not quite sure what I am going to do with them for those first few weeks as we try to work out the routines and as I try to gauge what their individual needs are. I will be the only teacher in my key stage so I am going to have to get used to not having a teacher in a parallel class to bounce my ideas off.

But mostly I am very excited, I have thought of some topics for the year and ideas for the first few weeks and just need to sit down and get things on paper!