1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQTs and expecting TWINs in September

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by uk343, Mar 29, 2016.

1. uk343

uk343 New commenter

I am applying for NQTs Maths Secondary job in September. At the same time, my part is expecting Twins in July.
    The pressure of this PGCE course is mounting on me. And I have been told it is going to get tougher in NQTs year. I do not feel like I am ready for all this pressure ahead!!!
    Any advice on how to cope with the situations are warmly welcome!!!!

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Build a support network - your partner is going to need lots of it. Could you apply for part time jobs or job shares?

uk343 likes this.
  3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

uk343 likes this.
  4. uk343

uk343 New commenter

Thank you for your reply ! Part time job or job shares might be a great idea . Do you know where I can find out about these post ? The Job Ads all seems to be full time . Thank you for your advice .

5. uk343

uk343 New commenter

Thank you very much for your great advice .

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Part-time and job share are like hen's teeth. Often a teacher returns after maternity leave as part time, and another teacher known to the school takes the other part of the job . . .

So no advert.

All you can do really is include at the end of the application that you would also be interested in part-time or jobshare work if that were to be available.

Best wishes

7. uk343

uk343 New commenter

8. mandala1

If you aren't dependent on a full time salary then consider doing supply.

9. mandala1

Hmmmm just seen your other post about visa status - perhaps supply not a great idea.

uk343 likes this.
  10. uk343

uk343 New commenter

Huge thanks to your advise. I do like the idea of Supplying. Can you tell me why it not great given my Visa status please?