1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by _missp, Oct 16, 2019.

1. _missp

_missp New commenter

It’s early days but wanted to get opinions...

I’m an NQT on a year’s supply with a school currently and weighing up my options for next year...

I am wondering what the pros and cons are of going on school or agency supply ad hoc?

Thanks!

pepper5 likes this.
  2. The-Gaffer

The-Gaffer Occasional commenter

Once you've got your NQT signed off if you can afford to do it then there are some advantages to supply

If your question is which is better
    Supply through 1 school OR supply through agencies - the answer here is both

If your question is which is better
    Get a full time job OR supply through agencies - the answer is a much more personal preference which you will need to work out for yourself. I'm not being difficult but some people live supply - I did wouldn't ever go back to full time teaching in a mainstream school on a contract. But I work in an AP/PRU so don't have as much extra stuff - I just have to cope with being told exactly what kids think of me on a daily basis, nearly every day basis

pepper5 likes this.