1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nqt year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by littlemissraw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Try posting this in the NQT forum, you'll probably get a better response. Have you spoken to your union? xx

2. Hi
    First of all I am concerned that this has been posted using your real name (which would make it easy for the school/staff at the school to identify you). I suggest that you e-mail Gail Robinson (TES web editor) to have the post removed.
    My advice to you would be to read carefully the NQT guidance and ensure that the schoiol is foillowing the correct procedures. If the LA is already concerned about support then, should the school try to recoimmend a fail you would have a very good case for an appeal against such a decision.
    In essence, you have tohe responsibility to address any issues that are raised by the school, but clearly you cannopt do this if you are not told which standards are not being met, what the targets are that you have to meet and what the success criteria are for said targets which allow you and the school to know whether or not you are meeting them.
    In writing I would alk the mentor to provide you with specific feedback on any concerns, to provide you with targets and success criterai and a realistic timescale over which sucxh targets should be met. With this you are then able to workj towards meeting the targets. Yoiu shoulkd also, on receipt of thesetargets see if you need any extra support and/or training and if you feel you do need support and training state this, again in writing, so that everyone is clear about your needs as well as your responsibilities. Do contact your union and apprise them in full of your situation and you can also ask the LA adviser for help and support in meeting the targets.
    If realistic and achieveable targets are not set then do seek further help and advice from your union on this matter.
    James