1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT year

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by always_dizzy, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi, I am currently doing my PGCE, and was wondering whether or not there is a time limit on completing my NQT year? If so how long, and what happens, when I get to this time limit? Thanks!

2. There is no time limit. There used to be an expectation that it would be done within 5 years of acheiving QTS but that isn't the case now. The only limit is on supply - you can do supply for 16 months without having done your NQT year. Check out the NQT forum for more answers, there is a lot of info on there [​IMG]

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The 16 month limit applies to non induction supply work-daily cover-in theory every post of a term or longer should count towards induction regardless of whether its via supply or not

4. invincible

invincible New commenter

There wasn't even that expectation. It was that induction would be completed within 5 years of starting it but as to when you started it, there has never been a time limit, although the sooner the better always made sense.

Now, however, there are no time limits on induction at all.

5. As stated, currently no time limits for starting or completing induction.
    James