1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT year primary reacher

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by saoirseannegriffin, Jul 26, 2019.

1. saoirseannegriffin

saoirseannegriffin New commenter

I’m a Irish NQT (primary education) and I have to do one year of teaching in a school to get my NQT status.

Only schools in Ireland or schools using a British curriculum will allow me to successfully be probated.

I’m wondering has anyone every completed their NQT in a British school in Spain and whether they can shine light on their experience etc.

I was hoping to find a school in Barcelona but having no luck at the minute (some British schools cannot support an NQT)

2. frogusmaximus

frogusmaximus Occasional commenter

3. taiyah

taiyah Occasional commenter

For your own professional development and mental well-being, stay in Ireland and complete your NQT year. Understanding and gaining experience in your own curriculum will help you in the long run and the students you teach. You have your entire career to travel with your qualifications, you've done the bulk of it, don't rush it now. Having completed your full Irish teacher training will be more attractive when searching for jobs.

576 likes this.