1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Year Part-time?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by JRV59, Nov 28, 2011.

1. JRV59

JRV59 New commenter

Hi all,
    I qualified in June 2011. I have been doing SEN support in a school since September and have since applied and got a part-time job (0.5) teaching post starting in January at this school. How long will it take to complete my NQT year and how much PPA and NQT time am I entitled to?
    Thanks.

2. Hi
    Well done on getting the job! It will take two years to complete induction and your entitlement to NQT and PPA time is worked out pro-rata, so you get the 19% reduction and this is then reduced to 0.5, so roughly 9.5% reduction each week.
    James

3. JRV59

JRV59 New commenter

Thanks for your reply James, that helps a lot. One more thing...If I move to another school full-time after say a year and a half would I just be able to finish my last bit of induction year there without any issues?

4. Yes, the LA would calculate the number of days left, though you may find that if you had just half a term to complete, because you move to a new school you would have to do a full term - the reason being that the minimum time you have to complete in a school is one term, the new school and LA could argue that in order to make a validjudgement, you have to do at least a term.
    James