1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT YEAR IN EAL

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by james_baldrey, May 3, 2012.

1. I did my pgce in business studies but have taught efl for many years and have an MA in EAL. I recently successfully applied to an independent boarding school eal job and accepted it. However they are saying I wouldn't be treated as an nqt because you can't do nqt year in eal!!!! Is this true ?? It's an amazing school so am really confused what to do!!

I obviously want qts status in case I go back to the state sector!!

Please help!!

2. I did my pgce in business studies but have taught efl for many years and have an MA in EAL. I recently successfully applied to an independent boarding school eal job and accepted it. However they are saying I wouldn't be treated as an nqt because you can't do nqt year in eal!!!! Is this true ?? It's an amazing school so am really confused what to do!!

I obviously want qts status in case I go back to the state sector!!

Please help!!

3. legally a private school does not have to offer induction. Induction, if it is offered, is controlled either by the Independent Schools Council Teacher Induction Panel (ISCTIP)or a contracted Local Authority. If the school offers induction then either of these bodies would decide if the post you are appointed to would qaulify for induction. Ultimately, if the school does not wish to offer induction, then, by law it does not have to do so.
    The Sage