1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT year as a ppa cover teacher

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by cab22, May 24, 2007.

1. Aww Leanne and Jenn

Thank you so much for your advice. It's really really useful :) This was the first post I've placed on TES forum and judging by your helpful, timely responses, I'll be posting on here all the time. LOL.
    You've accelerated me from being a bag of nerves to actually looking forward to my meeting with my D/Head tomorrow. It's so reassuring to hear from others who are undergoing induction via the Cover Teacher route, as all those I've spoken to have their own classes, so I was at a loss and therefore concerned whether the Cover route was achieveable, but you have dispelled the myth.
    And yes I agree, every school is different, but at least I have a baseline with which to run with now. So, I'm actually looking forward to my new post, along with the wide range of experiences it has to offer. I felt a little jealous at first of my colleagues who have their own classes but I guess there are many ways to learn, which in the end take us to the same destination!
    So ladies, thanks again for you time. Your in depth responses have so helped. I will print off your responses and place them in my 'School Bible' folder that I've proudly populated. I will defo be back in touch if the ride becomes bumpy, so thanks for the continued offer of help.
    All the best to both of you in your teaching careers...you sound like you have excelled already in such a short space of time. I can't wait to reach that pinnacle!
    Take care
    Missy xx

2. I will be starting my NQT year as a PPA teacher and these posts have really helped to answer my queries.

Thank you.