1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT with 1 yrs previous experience unpaid and plied with work over summer!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by lycat, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Dear James,
    I was delighted to be offered an NQT teaching post back in June 2011. Two matters have risen since then ,the first of which is my NQT pay , this will be on spinal point 1 . I did not innitally challenge this but can I still do so, considering my one year teaching experience?
    Secondly, I have been given lots of work to do over the summer for a Year 2 post, preparing my new class, MTPs,Weekly Plans, Risk Assesments.. including a prior visit for a planned school Trip! Work for free????
    Am I within my rights to still ask about whether I will be paid over the summer for the work or to start on a higher pay scale?

2. Dear James,
    I was delighted to be offered an NQT teaching post back in June 2011. Two matters have risen since then ,the first of which is my NQT pay , this will be on spinal point 1 . I did not innitally challenge this but can I still do so, considering my one year teaching experience?
    Secondly, I have been given lots of work to do over the summer for a Year 2 post, preparing my new class, MTPs,Weekly Plans, Risk Assesments.. including a prior visit for a planned school Trip! Work for free????
    Am I within my rights to still ask about whether I will be paid over the summer for the work or to start on a higher pay scale?