1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

nqt wants to switch school

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by hammie, Jan 9, 2016.

1. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

my colleague is a young nqt who has worked her way up through the school, TA, then paid training as a graduate. now as an NQT she is now suffering the full force of pre ofsted management jitters. I know that at least three other teachers are making enquiries at another local school that is advertising an April vacancy, I am going to chat to a different school next week. So she is not alone in feeling that the school approach is unacceptable.
    Anyhow, She asked me how would one go about moving to do NQT at a different school. any comments?
    Incidentally, one of our many nqts last year left at Easter and has thrived at a different school. Average classroom teacher stay here seems to be less than 2 years.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

She simply looks for and applies for a suitable post elsewhere and resigns her present post.

badger_girl likes this.
  3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Exactly - she can't just "switch" - she has to apply for another post. Where, of course, "pre-Ofsted jitters" are just as likely to happen.

badger_girl likes this.
  4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

that's what I thought. about both moving and further ofsted blsht

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

6. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Ofsted happens in every school, sooner or later.

Regarding moving to do NQT at another school - unless its a temporary post (ie maternity cover) that an NQT has undertaken, she can expect to be questioned as to why she left mid way through. And also expect that SLT may be slightly concerned she'd do the same to them...

DYNAMO67 likes this.