1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT wanting to teach overseas, any advice?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by rt2012, Apr 2, 2012.

1. I just want to get away and teach abroad for a few years as the job situation is non-existent here. I have applied for a job at an international school in Moscow and one in Cairo so waiting to here if I get an interview.

Are there any other NQTs (graduating 2012) planning to go abroad? Any experienced hands willing to give advice.

I kinda prefer the job in Cairo despite a lower salary because it has lots of prospects and lower living cost and is hotter.

I am single and don't have a student loan to pay so just have family and friends tying me to home. Any advice?
    It seems quite daunting..

2. I just want to get away and teach abroad for a few years as the job situation is non-existent here. I have applied for a job at an international school in Moscow and one in Cairo so waiting to here if I get an interview.

Are there any other NQTs (graduating 2012) planning to go abroad? Any experienced hands willing to give advice.

I kinda prefer the job in Cairo despite a lower salary because it has lots of prospects and lower living cost and is hotter.

I am single and don't have a student loan to pay so just have family and friends tying me to home. Any advice?
    It seems quite daunting..

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Well, rt2012, you could teach overseas or else you could be an unemployed young whippersnapper in the UK. Not much of choice really.
    I have sent you a PM and I shall expect an immediate e-mail in return.

4. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

I did it and I love it! Go for it!

5. ian60

ian60 New commenter

Why not look at doing VSO for a couple of years.
    I did that directly after my PGCE and it has possibly been the most influential decision I have ever made. Admitedly this was nearly 30 years ago
    I am still an idle bl**der with an appalingly cynical outlook, but I can see this with a global perspective and appreciate that there will always be someone more idle and more cynical than myself.
    (seriously though, look at the VSO option)

6. ian60

ian60 New commenter

(I tried to edit the spelling mistakes. But didn't get there in time)

7. aridion

aridion New commenter

What does VSO stand for?