1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT to RQT pay change in another school

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by emma6195, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. emma6195

emma6195 New commenter

Hello,
    I was just wondering about a pay rise from NQT to RQT.
    I completed my NQT year in one school, targets all passed etc and I know if I had of stayed in the school the pay rise would have got processed on October's pay and backdated.
    But I have left the school I completed my NQT year in and joining another in September. Will I get the move from M1 to M2 straight away or wait until October or at all...!

Thanks guys,
    Emma

2. thecagedbird

thecagedbird New commenter

Did you discuss your salary at interview? That is what you will be paid.

3. emma6195

emma6195 New commenter

I didn't no. Just assumed that if I completed everything accordingly, it would rise to M2.

4. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Pay is no longer portable between schools which is why you should confirm salary prior to accepting a post. The majority of schools do operate a progression up the MPS scale based on meeting targets but it can be different in academies/free schools who have their own systems. Ask the school office for a copy of their pay policy- or you may find it on their website but progression can no longer be assumed as automatic.

5. RavenGirl758

RavenGirl758 New commenter

I have done the same, my contract shows a 10% increase from what I had at my first school. This could just reflect the increase in hours/different school. I'm going from an Academy to a Free School if that helps?

6. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You also will need to check that the 3.5 pay increase from September is added on top of any increase.