1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT Supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cmonins86, Apr 13, 2011.

1. cmonins86

cmonins86 New commenter

Please don't think 'oh not another 4term rule post why doesn't she look in the older posts' because I have and none have answered my query.

I have been a supply teacher since November 2008, I was fortunate enough to complete one term of my induction as an NQT. As I passed the 4term rule I applied for an extension and this was granted. This has now expired.

Firstly can I apply to other LEA's for an extension with them despite my first one with a north west lea has expired.

Secondly am I able to expect day to day supply work as an unqualified teacher?

Thanks in advance

2. Lara I could'nt quite read the links - joke!!! [​IMG]

3. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

Lara then simple answer is No, because if you have an extension and have exceeded that exyension as well, then you must gain a full-time post to continue your induction. The absurdity of the rule, in that NQT's have a time period yo do an induction, yet unqualifified staff can teach without any restrictions. That is why you must join the fight for fairness and reform, it is about time schools employed teachers to cover lessons, like they are legally required to do in Scotland, then NQT's might jobs. The Scots have reduced the number of training places, combine with the rule that only teachers can cover and teach lessons and the 5 year period to complete an induction as resulted in the number of unemployed teachers falling, unlike England, where it is going up.
    Sorry for the rant.

4. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

I think this thread answers your question:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/473352/6611109.aspx#6611109

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Thanks gloriasunshine, that's the one! I knew it had come up at some time.
    Sorry about the links too. Sometimes this TES website has odd glitches usually they work fine.