1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT/Supply Extension

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by rugby_gal06, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I have to apply for an NQT/supply extension in the next few months. Does anyone know who I need to contact? I supply across 5 local authorities, so I imagine each of these, but I don't know who. The smaller LAs in particular have nothing on their websites..... I have googled this, but nothing has come up either. Please help?! Thank you.

2. I have to apply for an NQT/supply extension in the next few months. Does anyone know who I need to contact? I supply across 5 local authorities, so I imagine each of these, but I don't know who. The smaller LAs in particular have nothing on their websites..... I have googled this, but nothing has come up either. Please help?! Thank you.

3. I'd leave it unless you have someone kicking your ass. With me, my LEA spod phoned up and started fussing. Your parasitic tapeworm agency would rather have you out there and making money and as long as they have all the bullshizzle in place to get their quality mark box ticked, they don't give a toss about such trivia as extensions. I went about a year over the limit and no-one got really excited. I was quite pleased to also not get chased about the GTC Tax. It was only when I got a contract that someone started asking about such nonsense. By doing something now, you are sticking your head up and they will chop it off. If you keep your head down, you might slip under the radar.