1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT supply extension form/contact?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by VelvetChalk, Jan 23, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

I have just worked out my nqt supply limit runs out in approximately 2 months, and as the 5 year thing doesnt start until September (has it been actually passed yet?) I need to fill in the form/contact the right person. Does anyone know who to call/where to get the form from your local LEA? Also, Im worried getting an extension will effect the new 5 year nqt supply thing that might come into effect in September. If I am granted an extension for a year would I still be able to do nqt supply for the 2 and a half years remaining from the 5 year allowance afterwards? My first day of supply was the 19th of October 2010 so surely if the 5 year supply extension is put into place I can do supply til October 2015 regardless right? Hopefully I will get a Permanant job before then though.

2. I'd phone the LEA... it can take ages to speak to the right person (think it took me 10 different phonecalls of being told "oh, you need to talk to"). I got the LEA number off the County Council's web site. Bear in mind if you work under different authorities you'll need a letter off each. I can't see it counting against you when they bring in the 5 year limit - you've got to work, haven't you? Oh, and it can take ages for the form and then letter to arrive - I had to wait about 6 weeks to hear back from Staffordshire.