1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT standards evidence

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by littlemissraw, Apr 10, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You don't need a file, although some LA and even individual schools require one. Personally I'd print off the Core Standards (one per sheet off resources) and stick any loose papers in as you go along. Such as parents evening slips, round robins you've sent, assessment data etc.
    Then if it flags up they do want a file (or things fon't go to plan) you're not having a mad panic trying to find evidence at the last minute. xx

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LAs do differ, but where I mentor an NQT would only need evidence if there was a dispute about meeting a standard. If I, as mentor, and the HT said they had not met a standard and they said they had, then it would be down to them to show evidence that they were correct.

Other than that just typing a sentence of 'evidence' in the end of term reports is sufficient. All of us sign the report, so no-one outside of school is likely to suggest we all haven't a clue.

3. Thank you for your advice. I'm going to gather together any bits and pieces that I think will be useful just in case but won't go mad getting a folder together!