1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NQT standards evidence file

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by TheTinyTeacher, Jan 19, 2012.

1. TheTinyTeacher

TheTinyTeacher New commenter

I've just been sorting my file and realised it seems somewhat scarce. How much evidence do we need? I realise I need more than I have (and much can be done by photocopying other filed documents on assessment, planning etc.) I just have nothing in comparison to the weighty PGCE file I used to have and am worried I am significantly behind!

2. TheTinyTeacher

TheTinyTeacher New commenter

I've just been sorting my file and realised it seems somewhat scarce. How much evidence do we need? I realise I need more than I have (and much can be done by photocopying other filed documents on assessment, planning etc.) I just have nothing in comparison to the weighty PGCE file I used to have and am worried I am significantly behind!

3. The type and range of evidence that you will need will vary from school to school and from LA to LA. Some LAs provide guidance and set out what they require, others do not. In some cases no evidence portfolio is necessary. If you are worried contact your LA NQT adviser and ask for help and advice. Also look on the LA website as there may be help there. If yuour mentor has taken another NQT through induction they should advise you or someone else in the school, such as the person who oversees NQTs.
    James